Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sale at Joann's Saved over $600 dollars over 2 days!!!

So I saved because I spent money. If I hadn't bought 40 patters at $0.99 each I would have never saved that much, but $17 off a pattern is amazing even if I can't do that level yet. Last night I was feeling a bit over stretched looking at all of the patterns that won't fit on my table now. I started out with 4 patterns and now I have 45... I want to sew them all, and I know that one day I may have most of them made (I hope)
Sunday I spent $44.89 on:
10 patterns, 11 yards of fabric, 4 zippers, 8 rolls of ribbon, garter clips, hook and eye closures.
Kevin spent 15 and got:
10 patterns, and a pattern box
Monday I spent 15 and got:
10 Patterns, 2 pks light blue rick rack, and 1/4 inch bias tape.
Kevin got 10 more patterns for 10

I am still working on the baby underwear. I made one pair (they are ugly!!!! really UGLY!) I know they should get batter with practice, and I wish I had all day to practice. (BUT back to the real world there is too much to do to sit in front on a machine and sew.) I have pulled all my old tee shirts I don't wear and am making them in to underwear for Andrew so hopefully I can get that finished in the next few days. I'll post pictures when I do.

I have a pattern for a bag cut out, an apron, and two skirts, and one shirt. I have a nightgown I'd love to make and then I have a super special gift I want to sew for Kevin for Valentines day.

I have been bitten by the sewing bug.... only cure is to make things till I can't afford to make anything else.)

No comments:

Post a Comment