Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sew overwhelmed...

Sew overwhelmed right now in life. I feel so drained and wanted to make my birthday gifts this year. (Went and bought a few yards of fabric for my sisters gift) But I just couldn't sew it. I think saving money on the patterns is a double edge sword. On one edge it was amazing to not have to go out and buy a pattern when I need something, but Now there are so many I feel unsure of where to start. I know it would be best to just grab one pattern and just do it, but there are 45 to choose from. Well less then that because the costume ones and little girl ones really wouldn't be used and would take tons of fabric. But I do have several skirt and top patterns I could be making for me to wear. (After all this was to make MY clothing!) If is just kinda daunting when I get home some nights I just can't pull my self to the sewing machine ( I am happy once I am there playing around, it's just getting there that's the battle.)

I made a master list of the patterns and I have broken it down in to costumes, everyday (men's, boys, mine( skirts, tops, dresses, Pj's)) I need to just pull out the skirts and tops and pick a few skirts to make. Maybe I'll hold off on tops until I get some skirts made up.

I have a really lovely teal heart print, and an orange floral, and pink pattern, blue patter, brown stripes, brown with pink pin stripes. I think when I go to the store I'll pick up a few plain black tee skirts and just make my skirts. Once I am done and have all that finished then I can move on to tops.I am not worried about underwear at this moment because my husband is getting me a gift card ($25) for ever 10lbs I can loose and its to Victoria's secrets or Fredrick's. So I don't have to worry about making that for a while. Again I am just in a rambling state trying to talk out my mind and figure out where to head next. Seems more clear now. All I needed was a plan. (Funny ;) ! ) So I'll post later tonight when I pull up the skirt pattern that I'll be working with.

No comments:

Post a Comment