Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cooking,,, Cheap Easy Bread

So I have been really bad about doing anything homey. Have had a bad headache for the past 2 weeks and seems like it is not going. So today in all my sickness I made a quick loaf of beer bread. I know, I know, I know really cheater way to make bread, but I wanted to make some bread to go with the split pea soup I wanted to have for dinner. I made a pot of soup and put it in the crock pot. I have a loaf of bread and diner is all set for when Kevin gets home. The recipe was so easy and fast:

3 Cups flour
2 Tablespoons, Sugar
1 (12oz) can or bottle of beer. (Whatever kind you drink.) I used Widmer Brothers: W'11 KGB

Mix all ingredients, put in a greased loaf pan and bake 350* for 1 hour. I don't like the dark beer and plan to make another loaf with a light beer that I'd drink. It is not too bad and I think it should go nicely with our soup.


Sewing related I got 3.5 yards of black jersey knit fabric to make some tee shirts for myself. If I can feel human long enough to make my pattern and cut it out. Sewing hasn't been a huge priority this year, birthdays, and baby shower and sickness has taken most of the start of the year.  I am not too happy about that and hope that things calm down a bit in the next few months. Seems like time is  moving too fast and as much as I want it to slow down it is just not happening. C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment