Wednesday, December 8, 2010

First Project ~~~ Tie Snakes for Christmas~~~

First Project ~~~ Tie Snakes for Christmas~~~

So I saw these cute snakes made out of a man's neck tie. I thought they would be great for the kids on my Christmas list.

The Items Needed:
Ties (1 per snake)
Google eyes (2 per snake)
Red Felt (just a scrap for the tongue)
Fluff to stuff or beans to fill

So I told my father in laws girlfriend about this gift I'd like to do and she gave me a bag full of ties and 3 begs of fiber fill to stuff with.

So here goes; I started by cutting tags off all the ties and taking out the center seam. I pulled out the lining and discarded all that stuff. Next step was to press the ties flat(check you heat so you don't mess up the fabric)then I pressed it in half right sides together so that I can sew up the center seam (not sewing either end so I can stuff with the fiber fill) Then it will be time to stuff the snake from both ends as full as you want (the first one that I made took a whole bag of fiber fill; I don't think that I will fill them that much) Once they are filled I just sew up the ends of the snake, but you could hot glue since you'll need it to add the google eyes and tongue.


So I have 12 of these little buggers to make before the end of the month. I have them all ready to iron and sew. I'll post pictures as soon as my little beauties are finished.

1 comment:

  1. All the snakes are made and given away. 22 in all. If i make another snake again it will be too soon. The stuffing was a pain and I am glad that it didn't take too long.

    ReplyDelete