Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Picture of my first project.

My finished skirt. It cost $8.47 to make and took 2 days because I took a night off to get a new car. I am very happy with how it turned out. My only issue is that I feel it might be too short for me. But I couldn't have known before I made it. I love that fabric I picked out ($1.50 a yard on mark down. Only problem was there was only 2 yards and the skirt I really wanted to make took almost 3 yards.) The zipper was a big worry for me because I thought it would be really hard to put in, but it was alot simpler then I thought. I didn't buy hook and eye closures because I thought i had some at home, well I didn't and had to take a part an old bra to get a hook and eye closure (it was red, you van see if  you look hard and the right side seem, but I'm not telling everyone its there.)


 I am planning on making the other skirt that came in this pattern. I think I'll start tonight and I am using an old sheet I have just to check it out before I spend money on fabric I love. (I still have $50.00 my husband gave me for Christmas to spend at the fabric store.) It's funny how exciting starting a new project can be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment